The American Society for Aesthetics is recruiting new editors for ASAGE (American Society for Aesthetics Graduate E-Jounal). These positions provide an opportunity for two outgoing and detail-oriented graduate students to gain insight into the inner workings of professional journals, to forge professional relationships with working and future aestheticians, to show dedication to advancing the profession, to gain valuable work experience in online publishing and to represent the journal at the ASA’s annual meeting.
Working in collaboration, the Managing Editor and Assistant Editor are responsible for:
- Soliciting submissions
- Overseeing the review process
- Copy editing and formatting accepted submissions
- Corresponding with authors and reviewers
- Promotion the journal
- Reporting to the Board of Trustees
- Maintaining contact and consulting with the ASAGE advisory committee
ASAGE has recently migrated to WordPress. Both Editors should be able to work with this program. The Editors will be expected to continue the transition to innovative approaches to a student publication. Compensation:
- Managing Editor: $3000 per year plus $1250 travel allowance for Annual Meeting
- Assistant Editor: $2000 per year plus $1250 travel allowance for Annual Meeting
Ideally, the new editors will start shadowing the current editors in the months before commencing the position. The official term for the Managing Editor will be July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022. The official term for the Assistant Editor will be January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022.
All ASA editors, including the ASAGE editors, must be members of the ASA.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to Secretaryemail@example.com
Deadline (for both positions): March 1, 2020